Assistance finding out what process is writing to the disk drive

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Mon Nov 30 20:44:36 UTC 2009

I have a Fedora 11 server running 2.6.30.9-96.fc11.x86_64.  I recently
noticed that my hard drive light is on constantly and was wondering how
I can determine what is accessing the hard disk so much.  After boot the
hard disk is acting normally for a few minutes to a few hours and then
the hard drive light is lit up constantly.

I have tried ps -ef to see if there was anything running that I do not
know about and there is not.  Is there any way for me to determine which
process is consistently using the hard disk?

Thanks

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4650 (20091130) __________

http://www.eset.com