Problems with thunderbird-3.0 Beta 4 message filters

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Fri Oct 9 13:38:21 UTC 2009

On 10/09/2009 03:32 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Mike Cloaked wrote:
>>
>> I am also using beta 4, and using traditional folder display and not smart
>> folders - and my filters won't run either.... this is clearly a bug - but I
>> have not looked to see if this is reported upstream yet...
>
> Yeah, it isn't related to smart folders. On one machine my filters work
> fine. On another machine they don't work on initial start-up but work on
> any new emails.

Hi Mike,

I could get rid from the problem by deleting the filter (it was testing
the "sender" header) and re-installing it by testing some body lines
instead of the "sender" header lines.

I have the impression that the filter only works properly on
not-header-lines.

Regards

--

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>