libflashplayer downloaded to memory?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Oct 3 00:10:36 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-03 at 06:00 +0500, gilpel at altern.org wrote:
> > For "Downloads" I have "Show the Downloads..." checked and "Save
> files
> to Downloads".  A "Browse" reveals that means it will go to
> > "~/Download".  Additionally, since it is a .gz file the Applications
> is
> consulted and that is set to "Always ask" with the default to be "Open
> with Ark".
>
> Same here. A windows opens with the file to be extracted and an
> Extract
> button. If you extract, it asks where and the file appears there. But
> what
> if you don't extract? Where does the file go? That's my question.
>
> It seems to disappear. That's why I asked if it is downloaded to
> memory.
----
No - if you choose to open it with an application like say Ark, it will
download to /tmp and it may not even be obvious. It will not download to
your user space or even the designated directory unless you choose to
save the file instead of open with...

It's not downloaded to memory but it is downloaded to a temporary file
that may not be obvious.

Craig

believed to be clean.