libflashplayer downloaded to memory?

gilpel at altern.org gilpel at altern.org
Sat Oct 3 18:36:23 UTC 2009

Ed Greshko wrote:

> gilpel at altern.org wrote:

>> Come on, that's an easy one! Look at this one for instance:
>>
>> http://www.radio-canada.ca/emissions/sophie_paquin/saison4/
>>
>> Click the picture below and try to get to part 2, any way you want.
>>
> Since you have asked so nicely, I did....

You're very kind :)

> When I open http://www.radio-canada.ca/emissions/sophie_paquin/saison4/
> it brings up a single frame with a large white arrow on a blue
> background at the lower right.  I can click on that to start play.

Same here.

> At the bottom of the video frame is a control bar.  The far right is for
> audio control.

Yeap!

> the middle of the segment displays "1/5".  The right and left
> segments contain ">>" and "<<" respectively.  These can be used to
> navigate between the various segments.

Not here. When I click those, 2/5 appears but 1/5 starts over.

> So, it works just fine for me using mplayerplug-in 3.50.

When i go to Edit => Preferences => Applications in Firefox, and I enter
mplayerplug-in in the search bar, under Action, I get "Use mplayerplug-in
is now gecko-mediaplayer 0.9.7 (in Firefox). The version of
gecko-mediaplayer I have is, more precisely:

gecko-mediaplayer-0.9.7-1.fc11.x86_64

Yum doesn't find anything concerning mplayerplug-in.

The Gecko version seems to deal only with content AIFF, Amiga
soundTracker, Flash, MIDI, MP3, Ogg (audio). There is no mention of
Windows Media.

Regards and thanks again!