Live USB from Live CD image?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Oct 3 20:08:49 UTC 2009

Sharpe, Sam J wrote:
> 2009/9/30 Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>> I saw somewhere a tip how to make LiveUSB when booting from LiveCD
>> image, but now I can't find that reference...
>> I would be really grateful for anyone pointing me in right direction.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yc6ebh3
>
> It basically boils down to:
>
> $ livecd-iso-to-disk /dev/live /dev/USBDEVICENAME

You eventually get to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/USBHowTo for
that link. Beware, near the end it tells you to test using qemu, and the
sequence "-vga std" should be "-std-vga" instead.

Yes, I'm one of those use kvm from the command line guys, learned it pre-libvirt.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>