strange issue with XFCE spin LiveCD

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 4 16:25:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have been trying to install the 64-bit version of the XFCE spin from the live install on my shiny new Dell Precision using the T7700 processor (dual quad-core, 16GB RAM) and have been running into one strange problem.

The LiveCD cranks up, and after numerous statements on sector errors, comes up seemingly fine. However it freezes when I click (or hit return) on Automatic Login.

My first thoughts on the CD being bad are negated perhaps(?) by the fact that the CD boots and installs fine (without any apparent) hitch on another 64-bit Thinkpad T-61 (dual-core 4GB RAM). Any suggestions on how to figure out what is going on? How can I get around this freeze of LiveCD install problem?

Best wishes,