Update failure

Fabio Jara ronintekorei at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 21:26:38 UTC 2009

Hello Patel,

I personally recommend to clean all of yum

#yum clean all

After that tray to update normally, if it gives you the same error just
wait. one or two days.

I have had the same error and trust me, you don't want to force the update
with

#yum update --skip-broken

I did that, and it gave me a conflict with my nvidia drive, kmod-nvidia. The
problem is probably that a new package have been release and the mirror your
connecting does not have all the package yet.

Hope my advice help you.

Best regards.

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> On 10/04/2009 10:48 PM, sandeep Patel wrote:
> > Hello everyone
> >                          when i do update in fedora 11(x86_64).then it
> > shows error like this
>
> > Please suggest me.what shall i do to get update.
>
> You seem to be hitting a stale mirror.
>
> # yum clean metadata
> # yum update
>
> If that doesn't work, try
>
> # yum update --skip-broken
>
> Details at
>

> http://mether.wordpress.com/2009/10/01/preventing-dependency-breakage-part-ii/
>
> Rahul
>
> --

Fabio Jara.
Universidad Privada del Este - Paraguay.
IT Manager.
Fedora Ambassador for Paraguay.