ibus still broken

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Oct 4 22:58:59 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-10-04 at 17:51 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> > it's about the assumption...
> >
> > if a yum clean metadata fixes the issue, then it is not an issue that is
> > problematic for everyone but only those whose metadata contains a
> > package list of updates that won't work...it's a local problem.
> >
> The fact that multiple people had the problem, and several people had it on
> multiple machines, seems to make it a 'common problem,' and since it was caused
> by a dependency error in the repositories which certainly was not local.
>
> > I can assure you that neither I nor most have had to 'downgrade' in
> > order to upgrade.
> >
> Well that clears it up, if you don't have the problem it doesn't matter how many
> other people have it, it's unimportant. The rest of us don't count, and
> shouldn't clutter the list with solutions to any problem you don't personally
> have, and if we don't load the same metadata you do that's our fault.
----
if I counted correctly, there were 3 people who complained of issues
with ibus updates which as we knew had a broken dependency for a few
days. While that may be multiple people, it doesn't exactly qualify as
an Arlo movement.

I searched but didn't see any reports on bugzilla for your issue so it
can only be considered anecdotal since no one apparently was bothered
enough to file a report.

Having a problem with yum metadata is not peculiar to any specific
package.

Craig

believed to be clean.