F11 and CD Failure

Paul Erickson paule at sfu.ca
Mon Oct 5 12:58:53 UTC 2009

On 10/04/2009 10:49 PM, Hiisi wrote:
> 2009/10/5 Gregory P. Ennis<PoMec at pomec.net>:
>
>> Craig White wrote:
>>
>>> that all looks good - I don't think it actually mounts until you tell it
>>> to mount - i.e. I use KDE and KDE uses a widget called 'Device Notifier'
>>> and it wouldn't mount the inserted CD until you do something like open
>>> the disk with 'file manager' (Dolphin). I don't know the similar actions
>>> from GNOME. You might find that the disk is actually available and
>>> waiting for user instruction to actually 'mount' it.
>>>
>>> Craig
>>>

>> CDs are normally auto-mounted in Gnome. You get an icon on the
>> desktop. But you can turn auto-mounting off.
>>
>> Mikkel
>> --
>>
>> Mikkel,
>>
>> That has been my problem with hal.  I am using gnome.  hal recognizes
>> the CD when I insert it in the drive, but it does not automount the cd.
>> Where do you turn the auto-mount on and off?
>>
>> Greg
>>

> Check System->Settings->Authorizations
> I'm using Finnish language, so it can be named different. It's just my
> translation. But it looks like that:
> http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1277/kuvakaappausm.png

I checked that, as I am having the same problem, but I can't seem to
find the
option for auto-mounting audio cds. Is there another syntax used for
that option?

cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email: va7nt at telus.net

"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad."

“Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.” - Thomas Mann

"That state which separates it's warriors from it's scholars will have it's thinking done by cowards and fighting done by fools" - Thucydides - The Pelopenisia

"The Malice of the wicked is reinforced by the weakness of the virtuous." - Churchill