Selinux Problems

Paolo Galtieri pgaltieri at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 19:22:52 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/05/2009 02:08 PM, Jim wrote:
> > FC11/Kde
> >
> > Trying to print on a Samsung CLX-3175FN.
> > Selinux is playing havoc with printer drivers, these drivers are from
> > Samsung and I'm getting many Selinux Alerts, to many to keep running
> > Restorecon.
> > The printing is coming out with double columns with 1/8" white lines
> > down through text or pictures.
> > There are no GPL drivers for this printer, it's to New !
> >
> > If I disable Selinux, the printer will print normal.
> >
> > How do I relabel all the files on the computer ?
> > do I relabel from telinit 3 or what ?
> >
> Please show me the AVC's you are seeing.  Or send me a compresses
> /var/log/audit/audit.log
>
> --

I have seen the following SELinux alert:

SELinux is preventing hp (hplip_t) "name_bind" howl_port_t.

lpstat -t shows

printer HP_Color_LaserJet_2605dn disabled since Thu 01 Oct 2009 09:36:23 AM
MST -
    /usr/lib/cups/backend/hp failed

If I change the URI associated with the printer config from

hp:/net/HP_Color_laserjet_2605dn?zc=hpcolorjet

hp:/net/HP_Color_laserjet_2605dn?ip=192.168.10.71

then the alerts go away.

The printer is an HP printer and was configured using hp-setup.

Paolo