Viewing answers to one's nntp posts in Thunderbird

gilpel at altern.org gilpel at altern.org
Tue Oct 6 00:27:13 UTC 2009

> On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 13:25 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> However, what is wrong with choosing "Click to display message
>> threads".  If you are the OP then any response to your message
>> will appear under it.
>
> And you could set a rule to highlight your own messages, making them
stand out in the list.

This looks like a partial solution. In Thunderbird:

Tools => Message Filter

Create a filter on your name and tag it the color you want, say important
= red

Run filters on Folder in the Tools menu doesn't work. So, make a search on
your name in every folder and mark as Important. New incoming messages
will be marked Important automatically.

Whenever you want to see answers to your posts, go to View => Watched
threads with unread. Then, scroll down the hundreds of messages to find
yours and take a close look to see if you don't have some unread answers.

After you're finished, go to View => Threads => All.

Better than nothing, but rather painful. I doubt it will ever be a popular
method for reading the news.