Viewing answers to one's nntp posts in Thunderbird

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Tue Oct 6 06:18:46 UTC 2009

On 06Oct2009 16:30, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
| On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 09:31 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
| > I haven't found any client that would eliminate viewing follow ups
| > that are OT.
|
| I seem to recall that hitting W again would unwatch a thread, from that
| point onwards, and all it's descendants, not affecting parents or other
| branches.

There you the reader decide. I think Ed's more concerned with the
phrasing of the spec suggesting that the mail reader figure out the
message content value itself:-)

But yes, subthread pruning would be very welcome; I think recent
thumderbirds will do it. I wrote a crude (and slow) message-id watcher
for use in my filter rules once, but it needs a complete recode. I
wanted to prune subthreads with filters, and in particular autoprune
certain trolls whose followup threads were of no interest to me.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

I suppose the solution would be to close the composition window and let
my article sit for half an hour or so once I've finished with it, and
then go back and proofread it once more.  But that would be a pain in
the proverbial bifurcated derriere.  Part of the experience of flaming is
to load a searing missive into the conceptual breech of my SPARCcannon
and pull the imaginary lanyard whilst flushed with the adrenaline of mortal
combat.
        - Geoff Miller, <geoffm at purplehaze.Corp.Sun.COM>