Script on shutdown?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Oct 6 13:09:47 UTC 2009

1. Is there a way of running a script on shutdown?
I'd like to close some windows.

2. Is there a script to end a program (ssh)
running in a particular desktop, eg desktop 5?

3. Is there a way of running a program (ssh)
on a specified desktop when logging in?

Basically, I want to automate the process
whereby I open an ssh window to a remote computer
in a given desktop.
At the moment I do this by going to the desktop
and clicking a button in my KDE Favourites,
admittedly not very onerous.

One slight annoyance is that when I login again
I get a local konsole in that desktop,
which I have to close before clicking on my ssh button.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net