How to find out drive path - Help

Dan Track dan.track at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 14:55:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Tait Clarridge <tait at clarridge.ca> wrote:

>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Only problem is I haven't done anything to the partitions on the array
>> > yet. The mount paths are the partition setups I have done for the
>> > local disks on the server. I need to know how to reach the partition
>> > on the array. Incidentally the array is still building the volume but
>> > it does say that since it is doing it online the partition is
>> > available but I can't see on bootup. Any thoughts?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Dan
>> >

>> Hi Anyone have any thoughts on this?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Dan
>>

> How are you connecting the array to the server? I have no experience
> with HP products. It is showing scsi0 and scsi1 when you connect it.
>
> Can you run: fdisk -l
>
> and post it here?
>
> Tait

Hi All,

I just found out the issue that I hadn't mapped the volume to the host
LUn. I've done that now! The disk array is connected to the dl380 g6,
is there a way for the OS to pick up the new volume while booted up? I
know you can't run kudzu now so how is it going to become aware of the
change? Do i have to reboot?

Thanks for your help
Dan