Viewing answers to one's nntp posts in Thunderbird

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Oct 7 00:38:33 UTC 2009

On 07Oct2009 09:38, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
| Cameron Simpson:
| >> I take the position that if the References field is not present in a
| >> usenet article, it is not a followup.
|
| gilpel:
| > I thought that Outlook didn't have this field but I rechecked ad can't
| > find any. My error, I suppose.
|
| Outlook, and Outlook Express, are imfamous for stuffing up news and mail
| for not using mail headers correctly.  Do not use them as an example for
| anything, other than *bad* examples.

I'm sure they're a lot better than they used to be. If Outlook does threading
(and I'm pretty sure it does; historicly once using some weird M$ Exchange
specific method but these days...) then they should get the References stuff
right.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Microsoft Mail: as far from RFC-822 as you can get and still pretend to care.
        - Abby Franquemont-Guillory <abbyfg at tezcat.com>