Mounting CDs -repost (was F11 and CD Failure)

jackson byers byersjab at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 01:56:08 UTC 2009

Germán wrote
> I remember that, by those days, I downgraded the three packages (udev,
> libudev0, libvolume_id) to the previous version, I mean from version
> 141-4 to 141-3, and since then everything worked fine ;-)

these udev downgrades
along with a downgrade for rhythmbox
were discussed as necessary for playing audio cds.

Just a day or two ago I also suddenly couldnt play audio cd.
I had sr0 error msgs,
did google on sr0 error msg:
fedora 11 rhythmbox Buffer I/O error on device sr0

one of the many responses:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-227041.html

therein discussion for downgrading those 3 udev to 141-3
and for downgrading rhythmbox

copied from somewhere in that thread:
> JEO:
> My favorite audio cd fixing command works:
> yum downgrade rhythmbox

> Good version:    rhythmbox-0.12.1-3.fc11
> Problem version: rhythmbox-0.12.3-1.fc11

In my case (running f11) my 3 udev already at 141-3
but my rhythmbox was at 12.3-1
Doing the above downgrade on rhythmbox
and again I had audio cds playing with rhythmbox.

HTH
Jack