F11 and super user

Croombe F. Pensom croombefp at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 7 18:03:08 UTC 2009

Ever since I upgraded to F11, I can no longer log in as root. Once,
someone indicated that removing a statement from /etc/pam.d/gdm would
solve this. It did for F10 but there's no way I seem to be able to get
in to my root account and use a GUI. I am somewhat lazy in that I find a
GUI better to use than the command line even though I am familiar with
the latter and can use most of its commands.
Is there any way I can make my installation accept a root log in and so
be able to operate with a GUI?
At the moment I have to revert to firing up a terminal and using
commands as super user but I like to see what's going on!
CroombeFP
--
This e-mail produced entirely under Linux.
Absolutely NO M$ products have been used.