Regarding update failure

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 19:13:53 UTC 2009

Hi Sandeep,

sandeep Patel wrote:
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
> fedora. Please verify its path and try again

Are you behind a proxy? If you are, then you should set the proxy and
the password (if there is any) in yum.conf. Right now I am on Xubuntu so
can't cite the exact keywords, but `man yum.conf' should be able to fill
in the details.

> And I tried yum clean all and yum clean metadata..........
> Please help me .What shall I do?

yum clean all is not necessary unless you are out of disk space.

GL

--
Suvayu