problem with nvida settings

Gerhard Magnus magnus at agora.rdrop.com
Wed Oct 7 20:56:57 UTC 2009

> > How can I get the resolution setting for my nvidia card to stick?
> > Whenever I log on the resolution reverts to 1280 x 1024. I can reset
> > this to 1680 X 1050 using the nvidia-settings widget and I click the
> > "Save to X Configuration File" button but this setting only lasts
> > through my current session.

1- System>Administration>Livna Display configuration
Then untick "Allow livna-config-display to edit configuration files"
2- Write your own xorg.conf file

I've done this and it doesn't do any good. It also doesn't seem to
matter what I put in the xorg.conf file -- or even if I have no
xorg.conf file at all. When I logon the desktop has 1280x1024
resolution. I can change this to 1680x1050 using the nvidia-settings
widget but this change is always lost when I reboot.

I'm running FC11 with a PAE kernel and kmod-nvidia. The videocard is a
GeForce 6200 (nvidia series 6) and the monitor is a ViewSonic VG2030wm.

nvidia-settings... system-config-display... livna-config-display... or
even .nvidia-settings-rc (a file I found in my home directory) -- Who's
in charge? And what's livna doing here anyway, it's not one of my
enabled repositories?

Any suggestions as to how to proceed would be most appreciated.... Jerry