Mounting CDs -repost

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 7 21:23:03 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 07:59 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> On 10/06/2009 04:56 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> >> DuhOh!
> >>
> >> Simple answer:
> >> yum install libselinux-static libsepol-static
> >>
> > By the way, with a well-made RPM, you can use 'yum-builddep <SRPM>'.
> > So you could do:
> >
> > $ rpmbuild -bs udev.spec
> > $ sudo yum-builddep udev-<version>-<release>.src.rpm
> >
> > This will automatically install all build dependencies needed to build
> > the binary RPM.  By the way, you can safely use --nodeps with
> > 'rpmbuild -bp' because the %prep stage should merely be uncompressing
> > any code archive files, and applying patches.
> >
> Thanks for the tip!  I will try to remember that the
> next time I do source builds!
>
> I do have a question though, how does one install after building?
> Do I simply go into the BUILD directory and issue a:
>
> make install  ?
>
> Thanks!

Well first of all I would not and did not use the above approach. This
is what I did::
#rpmbuild -bp udev.spec
#rpmbuild -bb udev.spec
#cd /root/rpmbuild/RPMS/i586
# rpm -F -Uvh *.rpm

assuming the relevent rpms are the only ones you have in the RPMS/i586
directory.
It is only people of small moral stature who have to stand on their
dignity.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net