Power off does not always work

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 12:36:36 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am having a problem to shutdown some computers.

When the user logged in has a local account, the system shuts down just
fine.
On the other hand, users having a remote account, validated by ldap,
in general, are not able to power off. The process goes fine until the end,
but just writes "System Halted", but does not power off (one has to press
the power button, then).

This happens with F8 and F10 (fully updated).
F11 seems to be immune. Should I try to install a 2.6.29 kernel on F10?

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ