How many VNC forks out there?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 18:20:52 UTC 2009

I remember a decade ago learning about "Virtual Network Computer" a
project back then of a crazy lab financed by Oracle and Olivetti, of
all firms.

VNC was nice.

Then came the forks, the first I remember was TightVNC, backwards
compatible but with better compression.
Then I heard of UltraVNC, same as VNC but with a win32 driver to speed
up video transmission / detection of screen changes.

Then... I lost track. Is there an authoritative list somewhere on the
net about all the forks of VNC??

I remember a few weeks ago someone on this list mentioned yet another
VNC fork, supposedly included in Fedora 11.
I'm typing this right now from a Windows system and I'm far from my F11 box.

So, what is that VNC named?

Thanks
FC