Gnome or KDE - why not ask?

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Sat Oct 10 23:27:54 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think that contradicts anything I've said. The fact that "system
> applications" need parts of a specific DE (even if no actual desktop is
> installed) means that the distro is not DE-neutral, and once again, I
> don't expect it to be in the current state of the art.

By your definitions, it's impossible, current state of the art or no.
It seems that as far as you're concerned, if the application is using
GTK, it's a Gnome app, and if it's using QT, it's a KDE app.

So for a distribution to be DE-neutral, they'd have to write all their
GUI tools using... what?  wxWidgets?  FLTK?  Motif?

--
Marc Wilson
msw at cox.net