privoxy conundrum [*NOT* solved]

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 00:54:57 UTC 2009

Frank Cox wrote:

> customizegoogle

I thought I would read that ;-)

Now, I noticed something curious:

All the Canadian and German online newspapers I read
seem to fare quite well with the default.actions (ads
are blocked, with the exception of their own ads, but I
don't object to an ad for financial post on the
national post site, as the financial post is the
business section of national post; or getting a yahoo
mail ad on the ca.yahoo.com site, since that is yahoo's
mail program).

However, the French newspapers I read don't seem to
fare well with default.actions at all. Just checking
liberation.fr/monde today, I noticed that
doubleclick.net and smartadserver.com are getting
through! I know that doubleclick is in default.actions,
so how come?

I don't understand why ads that are blocked by default
in default.actions appear anyway and why I must
explicitly block them yet again in user.actions.