Anyone running F11 on a Dell mini ? (Or another mini ?)

Tait Clarridge tait at clarridge.ca
Thu Oct 15 02:26:55 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 13:10 -0600, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 21:02 +0200, Andras Simon wrote:
> > On 10/14/09, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > How is it working for you ?
> >
> > If, by 'any other mini', you mean 'any netbook', then yes, I run it on
> > an underpowered netbook (1st gen eee pc, but with memory upgraded to
> > 2GB), and I'm quite happy with it.
>
> What processor does it have ? SSD ? How fast do applications run ?  What
> do you find to be annoyingly slow ?  How was it with 1 GB of RAM ?
>
> Thanks !

I have an EEEPC-1000H
Atom N280
1GB RAM
No SSD - yet

The PC is alright, I can definitely notice the slowness due to the atom
processor, even the stripped down version of windows was a pain. I have
it running pretty lean at the moment, but like I said, there is a huge
difference between a regular 1.6Ghz and an Atom 1.6Ghz

The sound was not working properly off the bat, just had to modprobe the
right module options and now it is working perfectly.

When it had 1GB of RAM things ran alright, flash tends to be a bit of an
issue even when I have 2GB of ram (a bit choppy, but not too bad).

Other applications work fine, audio/video playback is great. The
wireless works out of the box (even N).

I am going to get an SSD soon to try and speed a few things up. A
5400RPM drive + an Atom can choke a bit.