F11: Spooky network manager

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Oct 16 14:17:10 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 06:26 -0700, Mike Cloaked wrote:

> Craig White-6 wrote:
> >

> > 2. Aaron is giving you nothing of usefulness. A laptop should use
> > NetworkManager for connecting to wireless networks...that's one of the
> > things that it is designed to do.
> >

> Although I have not used the network service for a year or two now (except
> for wired connections) I used to find getting a WPA encrypted wireless
> connection using the network service was something of a game of hide and
> seek - and NetworkManager makes WPA wireless easy.  If you do manage to get
> a wireless WPA connection going using the network service instead I would be
> most interested to know how you do it.
----
I wouldn't expect this to all that difficult but you would have to
configure iwconfig to be able to handle virtually all of this but since
a laptop is essentially a mobile device, it makes far more sense to use
a tool that is designed, at the user level to connect to various
networks - hence NetworkManager

Craig

believed to be clean.