problem with nvida settings - FIXED

Gerhard Magnus magnus at agora.rdrop.com
Fri Oct 16 15:11:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 16:07 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > a GeForce 6200 (nvidia series 6) and the monitor is a ViewSonic V2030wm.

> > Here are the relevant parts of my xorg.conf file:
> >
> ----
> it would probably be more useful to see the Xorg.0.log after boot BEFORE
> you go in and manually change it.
>
> but this looks ominous...
> Adding input device Justcom Technology USB KVM Switch
>
> because many KVM switches interfere with auto-detection

I took out the KVM switch but still had the same problem and decided to
wait until the FC12 release -- maybe a fresh install would fix things.
But then, with the KVM switch back in place and with the latest set of
updates, everything started working: I have 1680x1050 screen resolution
when I log on. So whatever was interfering with auto-detection (probably
not the Belkin KVM switch) has stopped doing so. --Jerry