[Fedora] Re: File conversion

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Oct 18 23:26:48 UTC 2009

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>> What happens if you use -acodec copy
>    Well, at first I thought it didn't work.  There was no audio.  But
> then I turned up the volume to 100% and got the faintest of sound.  So
> I'll have to figure out a way to enhance that now.  The original video
> has the correct volume, but the new file does not.  The video also
> stutters and freezes every few seconds.
>
>    Blah, I'm about to just drop this part of the project unless
> someone else has a better idea.

The copy does a raw copy of the audio codec.  I suppose I would use the
old trial and error method and try different audio codecs and check for
the various options and play.  Yes, time consuming.

The other "idea" would be to search for a similar free method under
(argh) windows and see if you can get it working under wine.

--
One way to make your old car run better is to look up the price of a new
model. Guess Who! http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7