Upgrade to2.6.27.37-170.2.104.fc10.i686.PAE Can I get kmod-nvidia to go with it?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 19 14:00:27 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 20:27 +1100, Roger wrote:
> I found the repos are dangerous and very difficult to find. Yum could
> not find kmod-nvidia nor akmod-nvidia but locked up until I manually
> removed them from repos.d

I don't, and didn't...

On the converse, the NVidia site's package *is* hazardous, and *does*
stuff up your system.

It's always a gamble installing extra stuff that's not managed by your
package manager (whatever that may be, yum, rpm, etc.), and NVidia does
muck up files that are normally managed by rpm.  It's only safe to
install unmanaged things when they install completely separate from your
system, and don't change other files on your system.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.