cryptsetup dm_mod

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Wed Oct 21 02:00:19 UTC 2009

Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>> Good enough?
> Yes, I was not intending to refute what you had stated;
> rather to correct what I had said in my first post to
> this thread, namely: "When I encrypt directories...". I
> realize that loops are associated with /dev/loopX and the
> device mapper also makes /dev/mapper/X.

No offense taken.  Just wanted to make sure that an explanation got into
the list archives.

Just glad we got it clarified and the OP understands that you have to
encrypt entire devices (well, filesystems), not directories or directory
trees.
-          Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.           -