D-Link DUB-E100 stability problems - any stable USB Ethernet cards out there?

Jussi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 21 18:57:21 UTC 2009

Hi,

I got myself an Asrock Ion 330 (Atom 330 with Nvidia Ion chipset, 2GB of
RAM, 320GB hard drive; cost some 310€) a couple of weeks ago. Otherwise
I'm really satisfied with the machine, but it only has one Ethernet
interface.

Luckily I had a D-link DUB-E100 hanging around, which I took into use.
The problem is the link is not stable. The link speed fluctuates between
10 and 100 Mbps, and the card often just stops working. Disconnecting it
from the computer and the network for a few seconds and the reconnecting
it often solves the problem. It is a nuisance, though.

I don't know whether this is a hardware or a driver problem, so I was
thinking about spending another 30€ for a USB ethernet card that works.
If anyone has experiences one way or another, I'd be happy to hear them.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor
jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org