Futex Wait Called

pandi k pandi.epm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 12:25:22 UTC 2009

Hi

I am working on fedora core 7, kernel version 2.6.21, gcc version 4.1.2. I
have my user space application which communicate with my char driver using
write and read system calls. I have a thread in application to send data to
driver and concurrently a signal handler(user space) is register. write
calls is invoking continuously and read call is also invoking continuously
on notification from driver. Here am facing a problem of  "futex_wait"  at
one time. Even though my user space application has no mutex locking,
FUTEX_WAIT is called and nothing proceeds after this.

I got below lines form strace of my process and always getting lock at same
address.

--- SIGRT_15 (Real-time signal 13) @ 0 (0) ---
futex(0x4aa700b0, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL

please give me some tips to solve this issue or what could be reason for
above things.

if need any more info, i will give u.

thanks...

regards,