Linux problems with Flash in Firefox may not be Adobe's fault entirely

Hugh Caley hughc at aldon.com
Fri Oct 23 19:47:08 UTC 2009

I can't use Firefox in Fedora for more than a few minutes; after that
Firefox will be sucking up about 100% of my CPU until I kill it and
start over.  Using the Flash Block addon keeps me going for a few more
minutes, but eventually it'll still get hosed.

However, Chromium (the build of the open source parts of Google Chrome)
does not seem to have this problem.  I can view as much Flash and
YouTube content as I want and it's fine.

Now, pretty much everyone told me this was a problem with the Flash
plugin, end of story, but since it works fine for me under Chromium, I
have to wonder if that is really true.

Chromium is still buggy, of course, but ... at least I can run it all
day without making my F11 machine unusable.

Hugh

--
Hugh Caley, Linux Administrator
Aldon Computer Group