sound recording with Fedora 11

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 00:38:57 UTC 2009

Kevin Kempter wrote:

> Can anyone give us some direction per sound
> recorders for linux in general

I had considerable success with audacity (from the
rpmfusion-free repo) a few years back. I haven't tried
it since the advent of pulseaudio. Last I heard, about
a year ago, it did not support pulseaudio, but
hopefully that has changed.

Audacity is an awkward program to use, as it is
definitely not intuitive, but it is a good program,
once you learn how to use it. They have a web site
with a lot of documentation.

Also (again, my information is somewhat dated), there
is/was an audacity in the fedora repo and another in
rpmfusion. If you want to save your files to mp3, then
you need the rpmfusion version; otherwise, it should
not matter.

There has also been a series of articles on sound in
Linux Today (linuxtoday.com). Either subscribe to the
rss feed and scroll back a few weeks, or search the
articles.