fc-11 on IBM e server

kevin graff kevin at findgraffs.com
Sun Oct 25 13:05:24 UTC 2009

Hello
     I have an IBM e-server x-series 335 with 2 xeon 2.6 GHz and 1 Gig of
ram. It uses a built in raid controller I have set up as a Raid 1 with 2 36
GIG hard drives. If I try to install using 64 bit version it tells me that
there are know 64 bit CPU and to use other version if I install 32 bit
version with the ACPI=off I can get it to install but it locks up all the
time. Most time I get a CPU 1 not responding error also when I check the
hardware it reports back 2 cpu I would have thought that it should have
shown 4 cpus since I have 2 dual core cpus running hyper threading. The
severe is an old one and the problem could be in the hardware, I have been
using Fedora since core 1 and never ran into so much trouble dose any one
have any experience install fedora on this server?

Kevin Graff