Looking for an Accounting package recommendation ?!?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Oct 25 19:56:00 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 15:13:01 -0400,
  William Case <billlinux at rogers.com> wrote:

> He has one major concern -- an appropriate accounting package.  I have
> recommended gnucash to him. I know and have used gnucash, also I have
> reviewed grisbi.  I do not know anything about the Tinyerp application
> offered in the Fedora repo.  Perhaps someone on the list has working
> knowledge of the strengths and weakness of various linux accounting
> packages.

Linux Weekly News has reviewed accounting packages in the past and may
be a good place to start. (Be sure to read the comments as well as the
base articles.) Note that if your friend has an accountant they work with,
that accountant may put limitations on the software. That is an area where
there is not much compatibility and you don't always have much of a choice
in software if you are working with a particular accountant.