two major failures after yesterday updates - anyone else

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 16:41:22 UTC 2009

Craig White-6 wrote:

> there are thousands updating F11 every day. If there is/was a problem,
> we would be hearing about it.
>
> Craig

OK - maybe I am just very very unlucky today - I had also wondered if there
was anything in the update to the quota package that could have been
connected.  I don't use quotas but one of the systems guys at work told me
that there were known problems with quotas in ext4 - and I am wondering if
this is connected - if there is nothing possibly related to the updates then
I will accept that I just had two disks die as an unhappy coincidence.  I
need to make further checks over the coming weekend, and maybe it is just a
bad hair day for me....

Presumably those who have added to this thread are also using ext4 and
(apart from one) have updated to the new kernel and new quota package?