two major failures after yesterday updates - anyone else

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Oct 29 21:05:35 UTC 2009

On 29Oct2009 08:44, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
| On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 08:24 -0700, Mike Cloaked wrote:
| > I am at a total loss as this takes out both operational desktops at home -
| > it is of course possible that it is not connected with any updates - but two
| > machines going out within 12 hours seems a very unfortunate coincidence -
[...]
| there are thousands updating F11 every day. If there is/was a problem,
| we would be hearing about it.

But you ARE hearing about it:-)
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Gabriel Genellina: See PEP 234 http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0234/
Angus Rodgers:
  You've got to love a language whose documentation contains sentences
  beginning like this:
    "Among its chief virtues are the following four -- no, five -- no,
    six -- points: [...]"
from python-list at python.org