FC11 logging in as root - FC10 change not enough?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Oct 30 13:52:01 UTC 2009

Mark Perew wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com
> <mailto:rgm at htt-consult.com>> wrote:
>
>     With just an editor like VI?   I went to System>Administer>'Users
>     and Groups' and went to the Groups tab.  Wheel is NOT listed there.
>

> When you have User Manager open, go to Edit -> Preferences and uncheck
> the box that says "Hide System Users and Groups".

hmm.

Did that.  No additional groups.  Pressed refresh and the whirlybird has
been going for over 5 min, and nothing in /var/log/messages to say what
is wrong.

I am logged in as root.  What I did was init to 3, then did a startx.

So I killed the program and tried to restart it.  It starts then
terminates.  And no messages.