FC11 missing dependencies on a new install

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Oct 30 16:18:34 UTC 2009

suvayu ali wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> 2009/10/30 Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com>:
>
>> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>>
>>> Don't hijack threads. Changing the Subject line is not enough.
>>>
>>> poc
>>>
>> Um, what did I miss?
>>
>> I don't see in my original message what I hijacked?
>>
>> Yes, I will 'admit' that to get the fedora address, I clicked on reply to a
>> posting.  Then deleted the complete text of the message and changed the
>> subject.
>>
>> So what did Thunderbird leave of the original message, because I can't see
>> anything in the message I have in my folder...
>>

> The threading still stays, so your message gets buried inside the
> original thread. This makes it difficult both for responder to find
> your message and for you to get prompt help as it doesn't appear as a
> new thread in many email clients. If you had right clicked the
> fedora-list address and clicked "compose mail to", this would have
> created a new thread.

But then I have to open the message first!   Yeah I get lazy. :)

> I hope this clarifies Patrick's objection.

One of the things I dislike about Thunderbird is the way it hides
headers and how hard it is to show them, even with the couple of plugins
I've got.  I miss Eudora and 'YadaYada' button.  I guess I have
forgotten a lot about SMTP; Dave Crocker would raze me, but I have no
intention of telling him!