Can't use mic anymore

jarmo oh1mrr at nic.fi
Fri Oct 30 16:42:31 UTC 2009

I'm not sure, after what update I lost use of mic . Can't use Skype or
can't record wit any of recorders. Have tried with pulse and without
it, no worky.
If I look controlpanel/multimedia, there's no input listed. Have also
tried record with alsa commandline tools, no worky.

I have 2 cards for different use, one for skype ( ens1370) and
another for music etc. multimedia use (snd-hda-intel), I can listen
with both cards, but not use mic.

Have googled loud a much and found many similar things, but even
some solved problems haven't helped my problem.

Now just wondering, that it's not necessary pulse or alsa "bug".
Because no input device is detected in control-panel, could it be
anaconda? udev? or similar?  I have had everything working before
for sure, so something has gone wrong somewhere, eh? Have to
say, that have tested with 5 different kernels too, with latest vanilla
included, no kernel fault.

I don't need pulse at all, So alsa is enough, or should I test OSS,
hmm?

Anyway, any ideas?

Oh, system is F11 with all latest updates....

Jarmo