firefox 3.5.4 broken?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Oct 30 21:11:11 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 16:32:30 -0400,
  homburg at tips-Q.com wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:48:54 +0100
> I NEVER thought I would say this but Opera is rapidly
> becoming my browser of choice. One serious flaw is that it
> does not support squid. With that exception it is
> substantially faster and more reliable than FF.
>
> NOTE: Opera is NOT open source.

I think a lot of people have held those views for a long time.

I use Firefox because I think eating your own dog food is a good idea.

I don't think the developers take security seriously enough and when they
try to they do really brain damaged stuff instead of making real improvements.

There are other graphical browsers in Fedora though, and I really need to
get around to looking at some of them.