Fedora 11 Nautilus CD/DVD creator problem

Paul Erickson paule at sfu.ca
Sat Sep 5 15:22:00 UTC 2009

I am running Fedora 11 x86_64 with a Panasonic CD/DVD writer.
I am having a consistent issue with the Nautilus CD/DVD creator. After
clicking  "burn to disk" Brassero is invoked to burn the data to disk,
and after the data is burned to the disk it goes into "Creating image
checksum" mode, and will sit there forever until I click "Cancel" Once
"Cancel" is clicked I get the "Data CD successfully burnt" message but
clicking on the desktop icon to unmount it, the icon remains and
repeated clicking has no effect. I can simply press the drive button and
the disk is ejected. Reinsertion shows that the disk is fine, where, if
anywhere should I report these bugs?

Applications such as K3B work fine.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email: va7nt at telus.net

"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad."

“Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.” - Thomas Mann

"That state which separates it's warriors from it's scholars will have
it's thinking done by cowards and fighting done by fools" - Thucydides -
The Pelopenisia

"The Malice of the wicked is reinforced by the weakness of the
virtuous." - Churchill