Thunderbird config date non-compat.-

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Sep 7 10:11:35 UTC 2009

On 06/09/09 08:00, David Boles wrote:
> On 9/6/2009 7:47 AM, Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:
>
>> On 06/09/09 12:31, David Boles wrote:
>> --snip--
>>

>>> You guys are making this hard. Don't 'unzip' the package. 'open' it with
>>> the default archive tool, edit the install.rdf file (open it with a test
>>> editor, when you 'save' the edited install.rdf you will be prompted to
>>> (I forget which it is) add or replace the edited file *in* the package.
>>> Install the edited .xpi package in Thunderbird.
>>>

>> Thanks David.
>> Indeed less work
>>

> You're welcome. My pleasure.

    I think I found the simplest solution to my problem! In Thunderbird
    "Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Config Editor" I changed
    "mailnews.display.date_sender" from false to true. [A good guess] I
    now have the sender's time and offset in his local time as well as
    my local time set in the list of messages. The only thing missing
    from previous versions is the day of week which changes with
    geographic location. I am probably a bit eccentric in needing this
    information but ... if it's not there I miss it.

    Thanks for the help, I learn something from everything I do even if
    it doesn't work out as expected.

    Bob