Questionable Status

Gene Poole gene.poole at macys.com
Wed Sep 23 13:29:56 UTC 2009

I've very recently upgraded 2 of my machines.  One machine was upgraded
from Fedora 9 to Fedora 11, and the other machine was upgraded from Fedora
10 to Fedora 11.  On machine 1 I have 2-hard disks (both Seagate's - 500
GB and 1000 GB), on machine 2 I have 1-hard disk (Western Digital 320 GB).
All of the interfaces are SATA.  The questionable status is that on
machine 1 the 500 GB drive is showing as failing and on machine 2 the 320
GB drive is showing as failing. Neither drive, under the old releases,
showed up as failing. How do I know that these drive are truly failing?

Thanks,
Gene Poole