hyperthreading on f11 pae kernel?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 14:10:47 UTC 2009

Hello,
I have an old Dell GX260 with one P4 and 1Gb of ram.
I installed F11 32 bit and updated it yesterday with latest kernel
available.
I noticed that kernel installed was the PAE one, as stated inside release
notes. Also in other documents I see that only i586 is the other available
one kernel.
>From /proc/cpuinfo I see that there is the ht flag, but the system gets only
one cpu.
In bios I see no option for enabling/disabling hyperthreading, so that I
suppose it is enabled by default.... but I could be wrong....
I have to apply in the mean time a bios update but I would like to ask if
using PAE implies no ht and if using i586 I can get ht or not in general.
thanks in advance,
Gianluca