KDE clock settings

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 23:00:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 23:23 +0100, Colin J Thomson - G6AVK wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 September 2009 23:13:22 Ed Greshko wrote:
> > Bill Davidsen wrote:

> > > The little box is in the install dialog.
> >
> > So, is your solution that a reinstall should be done to fix this
> > problem?  :-)
>
> On this F11 box/KDE4.3 in the Kickoff menu:
>
> Applications > Administration > Date & Time and the time zone tab. Here
> you will find the UTC check box

That's just system-config-date (also called system-config-time), which
as I already pointed out, is available from the Shell and is the same as
the Gnome widget. All of which is beside the point, the point being that
KDE has a System Settings option for Date and Time, and that's where the
user might reasonably expect to be able to set this stuff. Having to go
to a completely different widget borrowed from a different desktop
environment is a bug and has been reported as such.

poc