fc-10/windows xp installation

pete b. phpete48 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 00:16:15 UTC 2009

What I'm doing is installing fedora-10 so I can dual boot either fc-10 or
windows-xp.
windows-xp already exists using 26GB of 80GB on the HD.
I go thru a few menus.  Then I get to the partitioning and have problems.

I selected "use free space of selected drives and create default layout".
1 drive is selected and the same drive is chosen to boot from.

The response is:
1. Could not allocate requested partitions. Not enough space left to create
partition for /boot.

2. Have not defined a root partition.

What is going on with this?  Is there a reliable fix?
FYI pehaps I selected the wrong disk (I have two).  Is there a method to
find out
the manufacturer of a disk from windows?

thx much,
peter