selinux issue - please help

stan gryt2 at q.com
Fri Sep 4 01:09:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 17:42:52 -0700 (PDT)
chloe K <chloekcy2000 at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> how I have to set the selinux to disable?

Go to /etc/selinux
Edit the config file and set SELINUX=disabled
If you are running a web server, you should probably keep selinux
enabled, and tune the policy to allow it to run for security.

You could also use setenforce 0 to put it in permissive mode where it
will warn but not stop anything.

Do you have sealert / setroubleshoot installed?  They will tell you
what the selinux error is and suggest a possible workaround.

> to make webserver work
> and
> mysql work too

There are special booleans to set to tune selinux to deal with mysql and
apache.  I would have to research that in order to tell you, so I will
just point you to the man pages.

man booleans
man sealert
man setenforce