F11 - gdm autologin enabled = gnome keyring always asking for password?

jaivuk jaivuk at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 4 22:01:01 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

I have single user netbook with F11 installed with encrypted partitions. (So
I enter partition password before it boots) I enabled gdm autologin by
adding below lines
into [daemon] section into /etc/gdm/custom.conf and it works fine:

[daemon]
TimedLoginEnable=true
TimedLogin=myusername
TimedLoginDelay=0

The problem is that before netbook is connected to wifi network it asks for
gnome keyring password.
Please note keyring did not ask for password when autologin was disabeld
(and I logged-in manually).

In below discussions I found that there exists pam_keyring solution, however
as it seems it does not work with autologin enabled either:

Do you please have any hint how to make autologin work without gnome keyring
asking for password?

Thank you in advance,

Jaiv